So, we've finished February and accomplished so much! Our reading is going great and everything is falling into place!
The last few days we've been doing some spring cleaning in preparation for our great-grandparents visit. We look forward to them coming each time and love the memories made! So, I've found myself doing the little chores I usually just look past. One thing about homeschooling I've discovered is that you sometimes have to make a choice when it comes to certain things....my priority is my daughter, our learning and happiness. My dusting somehow doesn't always fit into this equation... :) Yesterday and today was catch-up on long lost chores and the beginning of us trying out a theme study unit.
BabyGirl is very passionate about many things, one of them being insects. So, we've set up a whole insect theme unit where we can incorporate our language, spelling, vocab, math, geography, art and of course science. We started today and she loved it! She devoured every activity and especially loved our 'insect hunt'! We found several moths, honey bees, flies and some sort of tiny beetle which I couldn't catch. It was fun and we're looking forward to spring when we can actually catch some and do further study. (harmless, of course)
I love that we can try whatever is working best for us right now and don't have to settle for anything less that what is driving our passion! I never want BabyGirl to let that go. It's so important to go on the path that we can enjoy and love. And I don't care what anyone says, it IS possible when you nurture that passion and let it grow. Just because you hate your job and the daily grind doesn't mean it has to be that way, or ever had to be that way. I will not settle for less! Just look at me, I love my job!!! :)
It's so funny to unload BabyGirl's camera and find what all she has taken pictures of! I just love to see the world and everything in it from her point of view! My recent favorite is a picture of a picture! My mom sent us a picture of her sitting in a chair with her 2 smallest dogs in her lap, the ChiChi being BabyGirl's favorite. So, she zoomed in on Poncho in the picture on the computer screen and took her own. Very cute!
We'll keep you posted on our theme studies. I'm hoping they'll go as well as I hope. There are endless possibilites! Until next time, enjoy every day and soak up all the sunshine you can!
No comments:
Post a Comment