Needless to say, after the snow melted (finally) we were left with a horribly swampy and muddy yard! But, after staying in for so long I decided it was high time that BabyGirl get out and enjoy some fresh air! Here she is after a nice long afternoon squishing in the mud!!
I can't believe how time flies! Today my youngest Bub got his drivers license. I still remember holding him as a newborn and how much love I felt for him. I treasure every moment of his childhood. His birth was such a gift to me and my husband. We were able to truly grasp the reality of what it is like to have a child come into your life and turn it around. To want so much for them and their future. And we still feel this way. We love Bub as if he were our own child, and are so proud of the young man he has become. He is amazing, and our hopes is that he never gives up on his dreams, never loses sight of what is important in life, and lives a life that is full of HAPPINESS! That is what it's all about. And we will be here for him every step of the way.


We noticed the water was very contaminated. We found out what happens to rain water as it runs through the land fill. 
Here we were experimenting with floating and sinking matter. We took some clay, made it into different shapes, and tested our theories.
We learned that the shape of matter determines whether it sinks or floats.
Here we were experimenting with gas. We noticed the glass was filled with air. Then, we put it under the water to see what happens. We were able to do so much with this experiment!
For history/geography we've finished up Mexico and began studying Early Civilizations. We've gone over what life was like with the woolly mammoth...leading into farming...and into civilization. We've learned about the Maya, Aztec and Inca cultures. This week we've gone into Christopher Columbus and Hernan Cortes. As always, she is fascinated by our history lessons. I also noticed her concern for the native peoples during these lessons. We've had lots of interesting conversations, and I am always amazed at her thoughts and feelings on a variety of subjects...especially history. She is constantly surprising me with the discoveries in her mind.
The drum lessons are still going great. She looks forward to them every week, and loves to jam out with her daddy. She does not want me to post a video of her playing them at this time....so, when she's ready we will have an update.
We've kind-of put most of our other activities on hold for now since we are preparing for our new baby. We've got everything down from the attic, washed and are just waiting now. BabyGirl is so excited that she can hardly stand it!! I had some "practice" contractions for about 5 hours last night and she kept watching closely to see when I wrote one down. She kept saying "you never know mom...it just might be tonight!" When I look at her I think of how lucky this new baby will be to have such a wonderful big sis. She is going to be so amazing, and I look forward to my heart overflowing with joy as I become a mama of 2. It's hard to believe that soon we will be starting a new chapter in our book. I'm ready to embrace every aspect of it.
2 comments:
Can you see me smiling! I love you guys!
What a fun post. I love seeing all of your science experiments, and the looks on her faces are truly priceless. And ya'll aren't the only ones anxiously awaiting the new baby!!!! :-)
Post a Comment