Saturday, July 23, 2011

Images of summer

 Just look at that.  Could he be any cuter?!  This is Little Man the first time he tried on his suit.  He adores it!
I love little piggies in the grass....

 Here he is before his hair cut...
 Here she is before hers, too!
 She was simply beaming afterwards....
 Ma got a new cut, too!
 We've been enjoying the workshops at the Home Depot.  BabyGirl can do everything herself, and Little Man loves to help with the hammering!
 These are Daddy's overalls from when he was 2.  Little Man looks so much like him in them!!  He has completely perfected the "Jones Scowl"!!
 Here he is after his haircut...
 We had a day at the fire station with our cousin Deegan.




 One way to beat the heat......birthday cake ice cream cone!  Fact:  she has totally outgrown the "junior" cone.  She can completely devour a full size waffle cone!!
 Little Man is enjoying some chocolate toffee with mama.
 Every good man has to own a good mower!
 Sissy took this picture after she played "dress up brother" :)
 His fourth of July outfit from Mimi...
 BabyGirl getting her marshmallow stick ready to roast!
 Ready for some chocolate!!!

 Enjoying every single second of our summer time with Bub....he's growing up............  :(
 Family fun time on the fourth of July.....
 Bub jumping in to soak unsuspecting Mimi!!
 BabyGirl can make a gully-washer, too!
 My sweet girl with some of our first blooming sunflowers...
 Painting something special at the Purple Glaze....
 Little Man actually LOVED painting his "hoo hoo" a.k.a. puppy George!!  He did a great job!
 One of our biggest summer highlights....the release of the last Harry Potter movie!  We've enjoyed this ride to the fullest!  BabyGirl and I had a special date together to go see it.  She dressed up like Hermione, and we made some wonderful memories.




 Here is Little Man (I noticed he's in this outfit in so many pics!  It's his favorite "play out" onesie).  Here he is cracking a bunch of hickory nuts and feeding them to George.  :)
 Here is BabyGirl with her new kitten Ci-Ci.  That is short for Chief Chautauqua.  Daddy brought him home on his shoulder this week.  She is a proud new mommy!  :)
 Driving brother all around the yard!  Did I  mention that she is the BEST BIG SISSY IN THE UNIVERSE!?
 More shots of our new addition...

 Telling brother "okay...just one more time...okay?"  (until they stop and he gives her the eyes..then she takes him just one more time, again.)
 If you know me...then you know one of my most treasured parts of summer is my sunflowers.  Last year, with a really little Little Man I didn't get them in the ground until well into June.  So, they didn't quite get as tall as they could have.  This year I planted later than I wanted...again.  (In May)  But...with this heat...the sunflowers are just worshipping the sky!  Just look at the one that is a good 2 feet taller than my hand!!  It's hard to make out because it's not even blooming yet, and it sort of blends with the trees behind it.
 Here you can see the top of it in the blue sky between the trees.  I can't wait for it to bloom!!!
 Look at my soldiers!
 Here is a shot with some of our tomatoes in it.
 Here is a row with some tomatoes and cantaloupe vines...
 Baby cantaloupe...
 Pot of mint!
 Look at this cantaloupe!  It's as big as the palm of my hand.  We didn't even know we had one this big until Ci-Ci showed us as he was peek-a-boo-ing through the vines!
 Some cucumber vines....

 I cannot wait to make some pickles!!
 Along the fence is our "Elderberry Alley".  Next year I will be the Elderberry jelly queen.  Or, should I say, princess.  Grandma the Great will always be the Queen!  I'm hoping she can come help me learn her special touch.....
 This is the mystery grape growing from Papa.  What a change, when we planted it we thought it was dead!
 Little Man standing next to the Elderberry from Pappap.  It will soon be in it's permanent home here....
 This is my monster pumpkin vine!  The leaves are bigger than  your head!  It stretches from where I am to where you can see BabyGirl in this pic!  (one vine!)
 My baby pumpkin....I can taste the pie already!
 Another view of the garden yard....
 To end this post....this guy was smiling at me so happily this morning.  He made me smile.  He is loving this heat, and each beautiful day that comes with it.  I hope it makes you smile, too.

Until next time....hope you keep enjoying your summer the same way we are....by celebrating life and all the joy it brings each second.  xo

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous garden! I love BabyGirl's hair, too... that new cut is amazing. I hate it when you cut their hair and they look SO MUCH OLDER, though. Little Man is getting bigger by the day, too. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!