Sunday, November 18, 2012

Festival of Trees!

BabyGirl and her duet partner were nominated to play at the Philbrook Museum's Festival of Trees this year!  It was a great honor, and they had such a wonderful time performing.  They played perfectly!  (I have tried for 12 hours to download the performances here on blogger with no success.  So..I will email them to you separately instead.  Here is a picture of them on stage....)








The museum was decorated so beautifully!!  The trees and gingerbread houses sang out that it is finally the holidays!!  The kids looked at everything with wide eyes...smelling every single gingerbread house...and lightly touching each tree.  It was wonderful to share this experience with our family!  Here are a few pictures of our day......

This was BabyGirl's favorite tree.  Hot pink with My Little Pony ornaments!  :)



Little Man was soooooooo happy to be reunited with his Pop!  He took right to him...leading him from tree to tree and showing him each thing.  He wanted him right by his side!



We had to take our turns having our pictures taken with the star!



Now the fun part....Gingerbread houses!!!  Here are some of their favorites...
 (Little Man LOVED all the candy on this one)
 (BabyGirl LOVED the Lego candies in this one)


This tree is for our Bubba Steven...can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving and Christmas break!!!!!


Look how beautiful these kids are!!!  Oh yeah...and the tree is pretty, too.   :)



After all that museum fun we were starving.  I just had to take a snapshot of Little Man and his Little pancake!  Ha!!

ps...I have not updated our blog in SO LONG!!  I have missed it, but trying to balance my priorities has prohibited me from blogging recently.  But, BabyGirl has worked so hard in school that we are taking a nice long holiday break!! yay!  We plan on celebrating the 25 days of Christmas Jones style.  Each day we will be picking one of our favorite holiday activities, crafts or outings to take part in.  I will try to log each day with a little update!  Should be fun!


last but not least....here are just a few pics I couldn't leave out from the past few weeks....enjoy, Grandma!!

Our trip to Thomas the Train...
 Pumpkin patch!


 My Little Engine James
 Daddy's completely lethal bday cake by BabyGirl.
 Painting pumpkins!
 Our jack-o-lanterns
 My little Bellatrix Lestrange
 Give us candy!!
 Playing in the leaves...
 Before our carpet and padding was laid...
 Look at the size of that first double yolk egg!!!
 Beautiful tree above the shop...
More updates coming soon!!!!!  (I promise)

1 comment:

justme said...

Thank you for sharing, and loved seeing BabyGirl play!