So, I've found that blogging every day is absolutely impossible now. I'll just try to shoot for once a week or something like that. :) Homeschooling is a very busy full time job and I don't believe that anyone I know fully understands that. With the exception of fellow homeschoolers :) This is truly a commitment I've made, and everything else sort-of goes on hold. (the librarian at my library can vouch for that...oh no, 24 items still checked out?? with 2 due today?? oooops) I can't believe how it's opening all sorts of new doors in my mind! I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I see and hear how much BabyGirl is absorbing! She is amazingly brilliant and such a creative thinker! She loves to question everything and figure out the answers on her own. She has such a love of learning! She'll beg "Can we play more math games please!" or "Let's do some momma school!!!". Who could ask for more??
I've recently received the Core Knowledge book for Kindergarten so we're browsing through it finding cool things to focus on in all areas. I find that BabyGirl knows quite a bit of what goes into kindergarten already, but enjoys reviewing them and confidence building.
We practice math daily, whether it be through games, number writing, counting, etc. There are some fun ways of playing with numbers we've found and do them often.
Our reading adventures are going so well!! BabyGirl has really started "breaking the code" and has suddenly started reading "the fast way" on her own! I can hardly believe it! She looks forward to her adventure every day and loves the satisfaction of completing a story, understanding it, and then moving on to the picture to see what it looks like. Her comprehension is fabulous and I'm so proud of her!!!!! We read tons every day including poetry, chapter books (we've finished all the Little House and moved on to Ramona Quimby, one of my faves from childhood) , nursery rhymes, fables, etc. She can never get enough of reading! She hangs on each and every word, and often times acts out the story as I read it. Very entertaining!! :)
Our potato is growing leaps and bounds with the leaves just starting to sprout today. Since it's been so windy we're studying the wind, what it does, etc. We're making a weather vane today and going to check the wind direction each day to find out if wind changes directions. She cannot wait!
The field trip to the bank went well and she's learning the coins and their value at her own leisure. :) She loves to use her cash register to play with this, and when I listen to her, she's adding and subtracting values very well. Nothing like good ol playing store! I've started pointing out that she is doing math, and she becomes so excited when she completes a problem!
We've gone to the pumpkin patch, taken the hayride, done the hay maze and picked out our pumpkin. It was so much fun!! The jack o lantern came out great! Check it out!
We do art, music and p.e. daily. We explore all avenues of these subjects! We learn about different instruments and their sounds, as well as different types of music. You never know what kind of art we'll come up with! And we're involved in our usual gymnastics and dance weekly. Not to mention our weekly story time and playgroup! Whew!
The mazes, dot to dots, puzzles, number finds, Highlights Hidden Pictures, and who knows what all else is flying around here like crazy creating a learning frenzy! Every day we're presented with fun and new ways of coming together and learning with each other. I thank my lucky stars I'm able to do this with my life, with my daughters life. What a great thing to be able to say! I loved my job today! My child's eyes were shining with delight as we explored her imagination and our environment today! Need I say more???
Until we have time again....I hope you enjoy each of your days as much as we do!
No comments:
Post a Comment