So, November has started off with a bang!! We've already done some really fun stuff, and are really going strong! Here's a brief look at what we've done so far...
We've done lots of fun art stuff including turkey's, pilgrims, Indian vest, tree of thanks, and leaf art. We still have many more art projects lined up for November to fit in. This is such a fun time of year for art!!!! We love giving artwork as presents.
We've talked about what all we're thankful for, and the list keeps growing!
We are keeping up with the reading adventures and working on some of the difficult sounds. When I say difficult, I mean difficult to say not remember. There are a few tough ones for us, but I'm finding as we do sounds reading and writing each day they are becoming easier to pronounce. It's like watching a flower bloom! BabyGirl loves to practice writing in fun ways and never tires of worksheets some days.
We're doing math games every day involving all kinds of fun manipulative's like money, wooden beads, dominoes, etc. Very fun. I'm excited that she can recognize different types of money after our field trip to the bank. I think that'll sink in eventually and can't be forced right now. (or needs to be)
We've done some history learning about the pilgrims, their trip here and the first Thanksgiving. She even remembers the questions I ask. :)
We've talked about continents and our Earth more. She can find all kind of places on the globe without any help. For example, our Grandma the Great is in Thailand right now on vacation. I told her I would show her where that is on our globe. She told me no, that she could find it herself. She promptly went right to the globe, spun it around and located it! I was so impressed! Then she pointed out all her other favorite places. She made a little map herself by tracing around the outside of the continents. Then she told me she wasn't done and wanted to label each continent. She had me spell them out to her as she wrote the names in. I didn't even expect that to come from the activity! The Earth is one of the things that fascinates BabyGirl.
We're learning about the 5 senses as well as other functions of the human body. This is another thing that has always amazed her and she absorbs everything about it immediately. This is a child who at 3 talked about the path food takes to be digested, and what job the white blood cells have. We're talking about nutrition, etc and plan to take a field trip soon to a local natural dairy. That will get us into some other fun areas, too. She is definitely aware about food choices as we shop at our local natural food store for many choice items. Neither of us are happy when we're at wal-mart walking down the isle and notice chocolate chip Eggos on the lowest shelf right at her eye level! She knows without even asking that those are not a good growing food even though lots of people eat them. But that doesn't make it any less frustrating! It's a shame how many people blindly go along just picking up things not even reading the labels. I know, I used to be one of them....
What a great month this is starting out to be...I feel like I'm starting to get a good balance going here. We do have a LOT of outside activities we participate in, and it's hard sometimes to not get overwhelmed. I love that I can sit down here and look at my chart and see what we've done so far, and know what comes next. Me not blogging recently is actually a good thing...I don't feel like I have to end my day by logging it all anymore. It's all starting to fall into place. What a great feeling! Here's to many more great times this fall! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment