This is our absolute favorite time of year!! We've been having so much fun getting ready to enter this joyous season. The trees are trimmed, the radio is on Mix 96, the cookies are made, and we are happy to accept all the wonderful gifts that come along with the holidays! This year will be particularly special since it is Little Man's first Christmas, and BabyGirl's first Christmas as a big sissy! She is so excited. One of *my* favorite parts is watching BabyGirl every time this song comes on. It's her all time favorite Christmas song and artist. She just dances around like crazy, waving her arms like a mad conductor. It's so sweet. :) She really gets Little Man bouncing!!!!
School has been going beautifully. For history/geography we are studying the Constitution. BabyGirl is enjoying it well enough, but I know she really cannot wait to study the pioneers moving west! For science we've wrapped up Earthquakes and will be starting telescopes tomorrow. We will be covering everything from the invention of the telescope, to how they work. Then, in January we will start stars and nebulae! For an exciting twist on things, we will be doing a unit over the next few weeks with some friends. We will be constructing an entire gingerbread village. We will be using this for our math. I cannot wait! I love it when other homeschooling mama's help me to step outside my comfort zone. I'm looking forward to teaching the basics in a fun, engaging way. Anything other than traditional is so interesting! We will keep you posted! If this goes well, I hope to work on some other projects next year.
I've noticed that since my son was born that most of my blog posts are just full of pictures and not so much words. This makes me smile. I love how a picture can say so much. I love how you can feel like you were right there in the moment when you look at the expression on someones face. I love how I can share our experiences with my Grandparents who don't live near us. And, I love that it enables me to tell a story without spending hours at the computer typing away. So, here goes another "picture post". This one is about all the fun things we've been doing lately, and the wonderful feeling in the air that is this season. Enjoy!
'Tis the season to celebrate!!!
Here I am with Little Man at my cousin's totally 80's skating party!
The scrumptious Ludger's cheesecake from heaven.
Nanny holding Little Man so mommy can re-live her childhood on skates (and get some exercise!)
BabyGirl and her Bub Shawn
Aunt Becky and Little Deegan
Oh, you know it!!
Chillin' with Daddy
Me and Bub doin' our thang.
Girls just wanna have fu-un!
Bub is growing up :( Look at that class ring bling-bling!!
'Tis the season to take advantage of warms days!!
And pick up big old crawdad heads!!
'Tis the season to start cruising!!!
'Tis the season for Thanksgiving!!!
With sleeping Grandpa J's....
Cute little twin booties...
checking out cousins...
Discussing their future rock band....
'Tis the season for decorations!!!!
With BabyGirl trimming her own little tree....
and, helping with the big tree...
Showing little bub how it's done...
Aren't they precious??
(also the season to realize you need an LED tree topper since it looks icky now next to the awesome lights)
Some of our favorite things....the Snoopy snow globe is front and center!!
The VHS Christmas collection is ready!!!! (with one lonely Christmas DVD) :)
My most treasured ornaments are here. These include all the hand-made ones from BabyGirl and my Bubs. I am a tad sad every year when I remember little Bub's handing me the ornaments they made.
The Santa head my Grandma the Great made and I've had every year since I can remember. It's made from an old plastic bottle.
'Tis the season for Christmas sugar cookies!!!!
I LOVE this pic of her hands!!
Ready for baking....
Now it's time for the icing!
Yummy!!
'Tis the season for warm clothes!!
And, smiling when you see how cute your kids are in them...
'Tis the season for field trips with friends!!
Even the Tulsa Air and Space Museum is in the mood!
Our group of pilots preparing for take off...
BabyGirl at the controls...
posing with Deegan....
Even the mom's joined in the fun!
The launch....
Dorothy!!!
My little meteorologist....
Little Man loved this exhibit!!!
One of my astronauts....
my other astronaut...
Everything is more fun with friends....
Here is a video of the girls in the middle of a tornado!!! You may want to pause the music below so you can hear the squeals and giggles! :)
Here's hoping you enjoy every single moment of this holiday season....
















































1 comment:
Yay!!! Love all the pics :-) And thanks for arranging the air & space museum field trip :-) We had a blast (pun intended!!!)
Post a Comment