Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 4

Another rainy day, but we didn't let it dampen our enthusiasm for learning!! After taking the weekend off BabyGirl was so ready to get right back to it! She wanted to do some momma school on Sunday, but chores had to get done...

So, she did her calendar and then decided to start off the day with science. Since she loves learning about insects we investigated the earwig. I found a cool earwig we could print out and construct which she loved!! We learned about the different body parts of the earwig and a little about their life cycle. She thought it was so cool that her Great Grandma claims to have had an earwig in her ear years and years ago that she "floated" out with oil :) She held up her constructed earwig and said in a witchy voice "When I dry I'm going to crawl into your ear!" It was hilarious!!

We did number 4 in our journal and the pages to go along with it. For math practice and confidence building we did more on sequence, sizes and baked some brownies working with fractions.

For our reading practice and confidence building we worked on the left to right concept, rhyming out loud and with our phonics workbook, recognizing same/different, categorizing, and pointing out what doesn't belong or what is missing.

We made a little phone book of her own with numbers of family members to keep by her phone. She drew a little cell phone by the ones that were cell's and we drew little houses by the home numbers. She loved this so much, especially being able to use it when we were through to call Daddy-o! She also remembered our home number and of course 911.

We did some exercises on community helpers and their jobs. We have some cool puzzles where we put together the job with the person. She enjoys working those. We also circled some examples of good and poor citizens in some funny situations in a book we have that celebrates good citizen day this month.

When Daddy-o comes home we will continue with our daily free expression music lessons and do our new daily exercise routine that includes some crunches, push ups, etc. (what they DON'T include is me!:)

I've noticed that every single second of every single day is a learning opportunity. What I blog here is what we plot out to do each day in momma school. I'm so fortunate that she is asking me to do all these things each day and wants more and more worksheets, books, etc. What I can't blog is all the stuff in between that fills the rest of our day. Every aspect of her life is a learning process. I am so amazed as I go through each day observing her world, our world. What a blessing to be able to spend this time here doing what we want together. All the rest of the world may be running around here and there...grocery shopping in a huff at walmart, clocking in at work, sitting in a drive thru on lunch hour, navigating the yucky office politics.....and here we are. In our own little world. We couldn't be happier.

No comments: