Monday, September 3, 2007

The Night Before...

Okay, so it's the night before my first day of homeschool pre K and I'm creating a blog...WHAT? Who knew this was actually going to happen after a year of getting used the idea. We decided to homeschool our daughter practically from birth. This has given me lots of time to get prepared, join groups and somewhat get my feet wet. Of course, I've heard my fair share of the "socialization" and blah blah blah....yeah, you know. But this is where our heart is, our souls, our future. I don't want to send my daughter off to someone else and have them watch miracles unfold as she learns and becomes who she will be. I can't imagine her curiosity being shattered and her questions not being answered....so again, here I am.

We're taking it slow and easy since I believe learning should be fun, especially for a 4 year old! We believe in learning through play and experimentation, seeing the world through her eyes. This should be an adventure of a lifetime!!!

Tonight we're going to soak hard boiled eggs in sweet tea. She is going to guess what she believes will happen, and best of all get her hands messy! Then tomorrow come the next steps.

We have read all but one of the Little House on the Prairie books over the summer and she is mesmerized by everything they contain...the way of life back then, the relationships of the characters, their personalities. She will sit for literally hours begging for me to read just one more chapter. I am amazed by this and caught up in them myself so we have just lost ourselves in them. It has been the greatest feeling!

We will be starting our first day of ballet/tap tomorrow as well. This will be her third year and I can't believe how she has grown! She loves the teachers and students, and can't wait since this year she will receive her first trophy!

We can't wait to see what this next year will bring...I can only imagine

2 comments:

Auntie Sarah said...

Ummmm...eggs in sweet tea! You must keep me informed of the results. I will learn something too!

Janece Suarez said...

See if you can borrow (or cehck out from the library) a copy of The Prarie Primer Curriculum book. It's WAY more than you need right now, but they did have some interesting crafts and ideas based on the books that my kids enjoyed when we used them!

Have fun and enjoy your first day!!
Janece from HS SCENE