Today we had so much fun!! We started out making some candy cane reindeer for our trees! I remember doing these every year when I was little....
Yesterday, in our movie marathon, we watched The Grinch (Jim Carey version this time) and Little Man loved it! (of course he would...he *is* a little Grinch) LOL. Anyway, he thought up the idea last night that we should make some hand print Grinch ornaments. They came out great!!!!
We took the kids out on night 1 of looking at Christmas lights tonight!! First stop, Utica Square to see the Nutcracker scenes. I loved looking at these when I was little...and I still do!
There is still a layer of ice on everything. I took a few pictures of the best things we saw....
The Nutcracker brows....
Beautiful statues....
The books....
And, the top of each Nutcracker box...
Next, we went downtown to see everything. It is so beautiful down there! After we went ice skating, we had decided we just had to make it down there at night!!
We love the blue trees....
Family portrait under the big tree...
Look how big it is! Up close it looked amazing with all the icicles hanging from each light tip and branch...
We got a huge surprise!!! A family horse drawn carriage ride!!!! BabyGirl got to sit in front and help steer/drive the horses!! It was like a dream riding through the streets of downtown...snuggled up in blankets...looking at all the lights and icicles....hearing the horses hooves walking along the pavement (and not over man holes :)....thinking about Christmas....making life long memories..... It was beautiful. A moment none of us will ever forget.
Thank you, Uncle Ken and Aunt Kathy. I realized tonight how much I miss us all getting together. How much I miss going to Grandma's and Poppa's on Christmas Day for turkey(made in an oven bag of course), Manley's mashed potatoes, Ken's dressing with cranberries, Noo Noo's green beans, Kathy's cranberries, Gabby's pumpkin roll, Becky's giblet gravy. Those are memories that I will always hold dear to my heart. These are bitter-sweet thoughts when I realize that my children will never know all of these things....BabyGirl has some fleeting ones of holidays spent at Grandma's house...but, not like mine. There is nothing more important than family. And, I pray that in 2014 we all take the time to rediscover the gift we have in one another....and the love that has never left.
















No comments:
Post a Comment